"You have bewitched me, body and soul..."
Jane Austen, Pride and Prejudice
Things I love about Jordan and Jenna + things I loved about their session:
- Jordan and Jenna don't take themselves too seriously and it shows in the best way - their relationship has an ease to it that I absolutely adore. You'll see how it comes through even in photos.
- The original plan for the session was to venture into Lancaster Central Park to a few specific locations along a stream that runs through the park. We arrived shortly after sunrise (but long enough that the park should have been open) and all of the entrances were still gated and locked. The park opens at sunrise, so it was pretty unusual for them to be closed at the time we arrived... but, as he always does, God provided something better for us - the most stunning and wonderful surprise location: the family farm of our mutual (and treasured/amazing/hilarious/beautiful) friend, Brianna. Not even 24 hours beforehand, we decided to have Brianna join us for the session to help out... and just because she's a joy to be with! I am SO thankful that we did!
I honestly loved that things didn't go according to our plan, because that's how life is. It can be tough and frustrating sometimes, but GOD SHOWS UP and he is FAITHFUL, even in the simplest and seemingly insignificant ways!
- When we pulled up to the farm, the lane was surrounded by that hazy warm glow of the summer sun - annnd I felt like I was on the set of a movie. It was so beautiful, I had chills! If you've never seen Pride and Prejudice (circa 2005), CLICK HERE, watch three minutes of the movie, and you'll totally understand why.
- They LOVE to sing and worship together, and decided to incorporate this part of their relationship into their session: they performed an AMAZING cover of "Yellow" by Coldplay, which just so happens to be one of my favorites. It was AMAZING ...yes, I know I said that already, but seriously. It was, and it added a personal element to the session that literally made me squeal with delight. On multiple occasions.
- Jenna has the best laugh, she's not afraid to casually scarf down a cupcake in front of almost-strangers, and she is by far one of the most down to earth young women I've met. Jordan, on the other hand, is full of silly sarcasm (cue laughter from Jenna and everyone else around), is an incredible musician, and also has no problem scarfing down a cupcake in front of almost-strangers. On a more serious note, I love the way these two are SO seriously wild about each other and more importantly, their Savior. Also, did I mention they're both really talented musicians? This might as well have been a shoot for an album cover...
And on that note... enjoy some of my MANY favorites from this past Friday morning!